Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Cocoa

Lately, I’ve been working hard at buying environmentally sound and body friendly products whenever possible. I’ve been a fan of Burt’s Bees good old fashioned, chemical-free lip balm for years but always yearned for color when applying the balm. Thankfully, it seems Burt heard my silent pleas for that hint of color. I’d seen the lip shimmer balms on shelves many times but had always been hesitant to make a purchase, fearing I’d end up with one more “not quite the right shade” lipstick tube crammed into the bottom of a drawer. Luckily, after cornering a friend and demanding to know what lipstick she was wearing (see what lengths I’ll go to in the name of product research?) I was able to give Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Cocoa a trial run before making the purchase myself. I liked the results. And then, in a moment that only be described as fate, I walked into a drug store the next week to see that this very product and lip color were on sale! The Pink Mixer rarely says no to a bargain and I’m now happy to report that I have found what might be my favorite shade ever.

Thanks to the fact that the lip shimmer is still a balm, it keeps that tingly peppermint moisturizing feature I love and it’s easy to apply without a mirror. The color is enough to make your lips pop but not dark enough that one would need to worry about applying it ‘just so.’ I recently let my friend - who has different coloring than myself - try it and it looked just fabulous on her as well, so my guess is it’s one of those ‘anyone can wear shades’ I'm usually skeptical about. One extra added bonus is the balm’s thin size – tiny enough to slide into even the smallest of evening clutches, quick lip touch up at the ready.

Average price: $5

(though Rite Aid tends to run the occasional sale for $3 a tube)

Rating 5 out of 5!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took your advice on the burt's bees lotion and LOVE it so far... especially the smell. I may take your rec on the shade for all lip gloss as well! Thank you pink mixer.

Akkire said...

hey there. if you like burt's bees products, try Badger too. i sort of half switched to Badger when I learned Burt's was sold to Coca Cola. :(

Burt's has this blemish stick though I can't give up!