Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Keurig

Let's take a coffee break, shall we?  

For Christmas this year, The Pink Mixer found their very own Keurig Elite 40 Brewing System sitting under the tree.  An admitted skeptic before ("How lazy can people be?  What's wrong with a good old fashioned coffee pot?") we are writing to tell you that after the first few initial brews we were singing a very different tune.  ("How fabulous that I can brew myself a single cup of coffee in minutes whenever I want!  I hit a button, I pop in a pod, and voila!")

Oh, wait. You want tea?  hot chocolate instead?  Easy-peasy. 

I like my coffee strong, so I go with the "medium" option when brewing -- it took a little bit of trial and error to figure that out, and I'm still trying to decide what my favorite coffee K-Cup is (top contender these days is Newman's Own Extra Bold) but wow, all in all, I gotta say I'm a fan, particularly since it's made brewing for one so darn easy.  No more feeling guilty if I brewed too much coffee from the get-go and have to pour it all down the drain, virtually no clean up at all either.

When I opened my gift I never, ever anticipated putting away my cute little 4-cup Mr. Coffee brewer.  Honest, I didn't.  Fast forward to now, when Mr. Coffee sits all stacked away in my pantry, ready for the day when I'm brewing for more than just me.  Turns out, maybe you can teach The Pink Mixer a new trick now and then...

Average Price: $119   
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: