Monday, April 28, 2008

Smashbox Self-Adjusting Powder Foundation

For those among us that don’t enjoy the sometimes cakey thick feel of liquid foundation on our skin but need a little something to help even out our skin tone or cover up blemishes, (why must we still get them past puberty?!) I heartily recommend Smashbox’s Self-Adjusting Powder Foundation.

It goes on smoothly and is so light you barely feel you’re wearing any foundation at all. I love it because it helps banish my sometimes red Rudolph-esque nose (not the most flattering look) and while a tad pricey, one compact lasts me about a year so you get your money’s worth. Plus, not only is it oil-free but paraben free too! (And you know how I dislike those parabens!) Apparently the brush you use to apply the makeup determines the amount of coverage you’ll receive from the product. I’ve only ever used the sponge applicator it comes with, but if you discover a great new trick using a brush, drop us a note in the comments. There’s nothing The Pink Mixer likes more than new tricks for an old dog…or something like that.

Average Price: $36.00
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: