Thursday, April 24, 2008

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and Gel

It’s been mentioned before that once you’ve been lucky enough to find a good,hard-working daily moisturizer its best not to go around trying to fix things that aren’t broken. Like most things in my life, I decided to learn this lesson the hard way. Thankfully, once I have learned a lesson I tend not to forget it which is why I will not be abandoning my tried and true Clinique Dramatically Different Daily Moisturizing Lotion again anytime soon. I don’t know what their magic potion consists of, but I can tell you that after twenty some years of experimenting with moisturizers that this is the only one I trust.

Of course, part of the beauty in being a Clinique shopper is all about timing. If you plan your needs correctly you can almost always stock up on new supplies when it’s “bonus week” – which means you get a whole selection of lovely free samples – samples that almost always include a tube of their popular lotion. (In fact, for those readers living in the New England area, Macy’s is offering a bonus until the 4th of May.)

Personally, I opt for the Dramatically Different Daily Moisturizing Lotion during the cooler seasons of the year and then gravitate toward the Dramatically Different Daily Moisturizing Gel in the spring and summer months. The gel is completely oil-free…and well; my skin gets a tad oily while dwelling in the steamy, sweltering city over the summer months. Gel or Lotion, these moisturizers are worth the price. It goes on smooth and (thank heavens!) doesn’t feel sticky or clog pores. It's the kind of product that's almost so simple one can easily trick themselves into thinking it can be duplicated. Lesson #501 in my life: the cheap stuff just doesn’t deliver when it comes to the ‘moisturizing goods’.

Average Price: $21.50/4.2 oz.
Rating: 5 out of 5!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I think this is one of their best products. I just wish it was a bit cheaper.

Anonymous said...

I second the comment that this is a wonderful product...but sometimes the Clinique sales staff are a bit "anal" about giving you a bonus bag even when you're purchase total is only off by 50 cents. Isn't the idea to promote their products, hoping you buy even more??? The last sales clerk annoyed me so much that I didn't want any Clinique products by the time I left the store.

Helen said...

Hi Kelli! You've been quoted for Fall Beauty: 5 Steps to Your Fresh, Beautiful, Glowing Skin!