Monday, September 15, 2008

Kennebunkport Blueberry Wheat Ale

We don’t usually blog about food or beverages here at The Pink Mixer.

It’s not that we’re against either, of course, it’s just that well, we’re a tad obsessed with product. Consumerism. And did somebody mention make-up?
Still, after a very long day at the office (and it’s only Monday!) I came home, plopped down on a chair on my porch and cracked open a beer. Sure, I felt like a cliché – right until I had my first sip.

Blueberry beer has always been one of my favorites, but lately, it’s been the specific brand Kennepunkport Blueberry Wheat Ale that I spend my cash on.
Sold at Trader Joes, it's not pricey nor is it too sugary. The blueberry taste is subtle enough not to over-power. In fact, I’d say those folks at the Kennebunkport Brewing Company get it just about 100% right, which makes a working girl who refuses to say goodbye to the summery routine of a cold beer while watching the sunset on her porch pretty darn happy.

Average Price: $7.99/6pack
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: