Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Garnier's Skin Renew Moisturizing Lotion

I am not always good at following that old adage that suggests we “leave well enough alone” both in my personal life and in my beauty product obsession. Even when I find something that works, I always have an urge to try something else. Who knows? It might be even better, I reason. Rationalization is key after all.

Sadly, the new moisturizer I was tempted to try last week after running out of my tried and true Clinique brand has left me more than a bit disappointed. Garnier’s Skin Renew Moisturizing Lotion sounds like it’ll do wonders for your skin. SPF! Revitalizing! Renewing! Reforming! Who knew there’d be so much alliteration on a 2oz bottle! Alas, the lotion is too thick and greasy feeling for my taste and leaves my skin feeling somewhat sticky after I apply my morning dollop. At $15 a pop, I’d feel guilty tossing it so I’m stuck using it up as quickly as possible. I will say this though – the next time I need a moisturizer? I’ll be well served to remember another old adage – “if it isn’t broken…”

Average price $15/2oz.

Rating 2 out of 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good review- common sense, a rare combination.