Friday, March 21, 2008

L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Volume Building Mascara

Mascara might be my own personal favorite make-up invention. In a world of powders, poufs, lotions, potions, Botox, and lip plumpers, mascara feels like the tried and true-blue friend a gal can turn to when the rest of life (or her makeup tray) overwhelms her.

A good mascara makes a ladies eyes “pop” and kicks ones whole look up a notch.

A bad mascara sends a girl out into the world with tiny black flakes under her eyes or worse, provides the dreaded raccoon look.

Sadly, the sixteen or so years I’ve been fooling around with mascara I’ve found my share of lousy wands and goopy, flaky, blackening junk. This past fall though I finally gave L’Oreal Mascara a shot and have been pleasantly surprised. Waterproof mascara is too harsh for everyday in my opinion so I opt for L’Oreal’s (washable) voluminous full definition volume building mascara in blackest black. A long-winded name for a little tube of eye-lash lengthening product, yes, but I find it really does deliver exactly what it promises.

Average price: $7

Rating: 4 out of 5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you like this little product? I find it really, really clumpy which bothers me. I'm still looking for the perfect mascara and I just haven't found it yet...

Kelli said...

Huh. I'm sorry to hear you've found this mascara clumpy.

I admit, I have yet to find the PERFECT mascara either (thus the 4 out of 5 rating, and not the full 5) but this one's been the best of the many, many I've tried over the years.

I've also been relatively happy with Clinique's mascara.
Most makeup artists swear by Maybelline's Great Last but I find THAT one too be too clumpy for my taste.
Let us know if you ever do discover the ultimate perfection in mascara!

Anonymous said...

Here's a interesting one that I started out not liking, but have grown to like...Maybelline Lash Stylist. It has a applicator that's more like a comb, which weirded me out because I wasn't expecting it, but I think it actually goes on smoother. And it gives you more control.

I have to be really careful with mascara because I have long black lashes and I can look like a cracked out doll if I'm not careful . Heavy droopy lashes are not for me. If your lashes are like mine, you should try a comb applicator.

Oh, and I'm the same one who responded first (I didn't like the loreal one).

Kelli said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll plan on checking out Maybelline's Lash Stylist when my L'Oreal tube runs out.