Friday, September 5, 2008

Cuisinart Handy Prep 3 Cup Food Processor

I did not grow up in a house with a food processor. For a very long time, in fact, I was under the impression that the only thing a processor would be good for was puréeing carrots. And, really, once you’ve passed the 8 month old mark, who wants purred carrots?

A few years back though, I was dating a fella whose mother swore by her food processor and used it almost daily. The more I watched her use it, the more I realized how much I’d under estimated the power of a processor. After relaying this turn of events to my own mother, she surprised me by wrapping up my very own Cuisinart Handy Prep 3 Cup Food Processor and leaving it under the Christmas tree.

We are no Julia Child over here at The Pink Mixer, but this food processor has come in handy for more than a few dishes. Even a novice chef like me will find it super easy to use (no matter that I haven’t yet used all the different slicing and dicing contraptions it comes with!)

My only complaint is the 3 cup size can be a tad limiting. If you’re planning on chopping, slicing, dicing, and puréeing family sized portions I’d opt for a bigger (say, 7 cup?) size.

Oh, and if you’re wondering? Of all the times I’ve used this Cuisinart I’ve never once purred carrots.

Average price: $110
Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: